Medit’s mission is to make medical education more efficient. Medical information is snowballing at an enormous rate – doubling every 73 days by 2020. Medical professionals struggle with keeping up-to-date with this huge volume of complex, rapidly-changing information and the need to find what is most important when their time is very limited.
The current medical education infrastructure is outdated – relying on face-to-face meetings and lectures. It doesn’t support collaborative through digital channels. This makes ongoing learning a time-consuming, frustrating and inefficient process for healthcare professionals.
At Medit, we believe peer-to-peer learning and collaboration can be transformative in medicine. The best way to find clinically relevant, practical information to support patient care and improve health outcomes is through peer-to-peer recommendation. The most efficient way to learn is from someone who has walked a mile in your shoes and come out the other side. A peer or subject matter expert that can provide practical advice.
We’re taking best practice in content discovery and recommendations from platforms like Netflix, Facebook and Spotify and applying it to medicine. We’re using smart algorithms and combining that with the practical experience and curated content from experts and your peers. We’re creating a new type of learning experience.
How does Medit work?
- Medit brings the medical community together to curate the recommended content, share learnings and redefine medical education.
- Medit curates thousands of diverse medical sources including medical journals, blogs, websites and podcasts and uses machine learning to personalise these to you. Shaping the news feed to your speciality, interests and preferences. This creates a more complete and engaging learning experience with diverse content and perspectives.
- Medit has several proprietary algorithms that review and classify medical content based on its relevance to you. This saves you time and allows you to discover the content of relevance that they may have previously been missed. Our system constantly adapts and improves the service for each individual user and, as an extension, for the whole community.
- Medit allows any user to curate content Collections to allow you to quickly review ‘recommended reads’ from medical experts on particular themes or topics. You no longer need to waste time Google searching for practical professional materials and wasting time trying to assess the value of them – instead, you can instantly find recommended research and articles from subject matter experts and ‘people like you’. You can also easily create value in the community by sharing your useful reference lists and foundational reads that typically exist only amongst piles of emails or spread through PowerPoint slides.
- Through private messaging, you can share and discuss educational content, quick references and interesting resources with your team, with trainees or people with a similar interest. Content discovered in your news feed can be shared in a virtual discussion group quickly – allowing you to move from individual learning to group discussion without obstacles or having to open multiple apps or websites. It also means all their resources and recommended content is in one place where it can be bookmarked and saved for future reference. This allows you to get to the practical, clinically-relevant information and context on topics of interest, as well as to share content and resources in your network with ease.
- Medit allows you to expand your professional network and discuss issues relevant to you with the international medical community in public groups.