Medit respects your privacy and the confidentiality of personal information that you provide to Medit. This Privacy Statement sets out what data Medit collects and how Medit uses and protects it.“Medit” is a brand and service of One15 Digital XVentures Limited, a limited company registered in Ireland, with its registered office at 24 Village Weir, Lower Main Street, Lucan, Co. Dublin, Ireland, company number 566211 and VAT registration number IE3378329EH.
This Privacy Statement also forms a part of the Agreement between you and Medit for the use of the Medit Services, as explained in the Terms of Service (https://medit.online/terms). Capitalised terms in this Privacy Statement have the meanings given in the Terms of Service.
By using the Medit Services including the Medit Website you consent to our using your data as explained in this Privacy Statement.
Medit may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time as set out below.
1: WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES MEDIT COLLECT?
In connection with the provision of the Medit Services, Medit may gather and process information about you, including the following types of information:
- your contact and registration details (name, user ID, address, telephone, mobile, email address etc.);
- your public profile data (e.g. your display name, business name, photo, age or date of birth, location, social media account ID, and any other information you voluntarily add to your profile);
- User Materials including status updates, uploads, or communications content (e.g., chats, comments, files shared) you post within or through the Medit Services;
- payment data including your credit or debit card billing address etc.;
- login data including for Third Party Services accessible through the Medit Services;
- network and technical data (IP addresses, network operator, Device ID, Device operating system, cookies, etc.);
- data in relation to use of Medit Services;
- with your consent, the location of your Device;
- questionnaires or survey results and information regarding use of the Medit Services.
Medit does not knowingly process data of anyone under 18 years of age. You must not provide Medit with data of anyone under 18 or your own data if you are not of legal age in your place of residence.
2: HOW AND WHY DOES MEDIT USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Medit’s reasons for collecting information relating to you or your Device are to enable Medit (or sometimes other data processors selected by Medit) to provide the Medit Services to you in an effective and satisfactory way, as follows:
- providing you with personalised content and content recommendations;
- processing your log-ins, uploads, User Materials and messages and enabling the other features of the Medit Services;
- showing your public profile information on the Medit Services;
- receiving payment from you for Medit Paid Services, and sending you a receipt or communications regarding your purchases or orders;
- providing you with customer support, responding to questions and helping to resolve problems;
- informing you about service updates or problems;
- organising and managing competitions or other promotions that you participate in;
- resolving disputes;
- for legal reasons, e.g., checking that you comply with the Terms of Service and Medit Documentation, and preventing crime and fraud;
- customizing, understanding users’ use of, and improving the Medit Services and Medit Website (this includes customization of advertising, or features such as indicating when you were last online, notifying your contacts when you are using the Medit Services or permitting you to invite contacts to participate in Medit discussions);
- sending you mailings that you have subscribed to; and
- informing you of other products, services and offers provided by Medit or Medit’s group of .
Medit stores the personal information in different data files kept on servers based in London, England. Medit will take all reasonable measures to ensure security of the data, including where such servers may be operated by third party data processors under Medit’s responsibility.
If we provide a method for you to invite contacts to join Medit, then their contact information will only be used for the purposes of automatically generating a message to these potential Medit users.
3: YOUR USER PROFILE
Your user profile is the information you decide to provide when you create or manage your Medit User Account (e.g., your Medit user ID, full name, address, telephone numbers, gender, date of birth, language, status, and any other information that you decide to make available). Medit stores your user profile on a secure server. You can access your user profile within the Medit Services in order to access, change, correct, complete or remove information. Medit may remove unsuitable or illegal material at any time from your profile or User Materials in accordance with the Terms of Service.
Your profile information is public and can be accessed and become visible via the search features of the Medit Services or search engines. You control and can edit your user profile and decide what to include. Do not include information in your profile that you consider private and do not wish others to know or view.
4: DOES MEDIT TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
If any authority lawfully requests Medit or one of Medit’s partners to retain and provide personal information, communications content and/or communications or technical data, or permit monitoring or interception, Medit and/or its partner may comply with that request without being obliged to inform you.
Some data that we gather and process is not personal data, or is anonymized, and you cannot be identified from it. Medit may use that data to assist Medit and third parties to provide content that is more likely to be of interest to you, including by combining with other available information about you. We may share this data with third parties that assist us with these types of services, or create reports and other compilations of data for commercial purposes.
5: WHAT ITEMS ARE PLACED ON YOUR DEVICE WHEN USING THE MEDIT SERVICES?
In order to use most of the Medit Services, you will need to install the relevant software on your Device. This software enables you to read or share relevant content from your personalised feed, to make and receive posts and communications using your mobile network or the internet and sends the necessary data between your Device and the network.
In addition, for web-based Medit Services, “cookies” may be used. Cookies are pieces of information stored on your Device in order to enable web-based applications to recognize who you are or your preferences (e.g., what version of the Website you usually use) and provide Medit with information about the use of its Websites).
Most internet browsers allow you to prevent your Device from accepting or using cookies or require your permission each time a cookie is received. Please note that some personalized Medit Services may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
6: THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Medit Websites and Medit Services may contain links that will let you access Third Party Services such as another website, platform or application. Third Party Services are outside Medit’s control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. Medit accepts no responsibility or liability for Third Party Services. You should review the applicable privacy statements or policies before providing any personal information to such Third Party Services.
7: HOW DOES MEDIT PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Medit takes appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information and communications, in accordance with all applicable laws. For example, your personal data and communications can only be accessed by authorized Medit staff or agents that need to have access to them for their work.
8: CONTACTING YOU
Medit may contact you to notify you of issues and faults with the Medit Services, and if you are considered to have breached any of the Terms of Service or if another person makes a complaint about your use of the Medit Services (e.g., a claim that you have infringed their rights).
Medit may also use email, SMS or the Medit Services to keep you up to date with news about the Medit Services that you use and/or other Medit Services unless you have indicated that you do not want to receive this information.
Medit may occasionally ask you to provide information on your experiences with the Medit Services. Any such feedback will always be voluntary and will be used only for the purposes of measuring and improving the quality of the Medit Services and Website and not stored as personal information or combined with any of your other personal information.
9: CAN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT BE CHANGED?
Medit reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time by notifying you by any reasonable means or by publishing the modified Privacy Statement online and within the app. The modified Privacy Statement will become effective thirty days from such publication or notification, or where you agree to the modified Privacy Statement if earlier.
10: WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU CONTACT MEDIT?
You have the right to access and, if necessary, to rectify your personal information. To exercise your right to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information, please contact Medit at [email protected]. After verifying your identity, and provided your request is legal, Medit will fulfil your request as soon as reasonably practical.
You may also ask Medit to erase and stop processing your personal information for some or all purposes. However, please note that this will most likely prevent you from using some or all of the Medit Services and we may need to retain certain data for longer e.g. for legal reasons. You can exercise your rights by contacting Medit at [email protected].
11: HOW LONG DOES MEDIT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Medit will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide the Medit Services and carry out the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and to
© One15 Digital Xventures, Limited, all rights reserved. Last revised: 7 June 2017